LET'S TAKE A "LEAP OF FAITH" TOGETHER AND MAKE 2018 THE YEAR OF AMAZING GIVING! MAKE A MONETARY OR GIFT PLEDGE TODAY TO KEEP THE GOOD GOING
With your big heart and a little planning, you can help us bring hope and help to members of our community and beyond! With your financial support, First UMC Coral Gables can help children, families and those in need build strength, stability, and independence - and see the example of Christ's love through you.
WHAT IS A PLEDGE? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
OTHER WAYS TO PLEDGE
Not sure where to begin? We're here to help!
Click here to learn more about all the ways you can help us plan for today and tomorrow. Please contact our bookkeeper, Mario Perez, at (305) 445-2578, ext. 104, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll point you down the right path of your choosing!
WHY USE ONLINE GIVING?
Our new online giving site provides you with the convenience of being able to give to your church in the way you want and whenever you want. By using online giving at www.fumccg.org, you can make secure, automatic contributions with your credit or debit card. Below you’ll find some reasons to use online giving to donate to First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables.
BENEFITS OF ONLINE GIVING
- No check writing or ATM stops before church
- Use your checking, savings, or credit card
- Know that all of your credit card info and data are safe
- Earn Rewards for your credit card
- Reduces check processing fees for your church
- Allows staff more time to focus on ministries
- Provides giving history for tax statements
Generous Giving: Stewardship of First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables
Online giving is the easiest, most cost-effective giving option for both you and the church. With online giving, you can reinforce your commitment to give your tithes and offerings to God first, before anything else. A few easy steps guarantee that the church will receive your gifts, even if you are out of town or you forget one week.
- Stewardship – to serve as one who manages another's property, finances, or other affairs – is not just means for the church to raise money. It is a way of life that recognizes that everything we have is God’s, and we are simply managing those resources while here on earth.
- The Bible is filled with examples of grateful response to God's generous gifts. The Bible also teaches about responsibility to share with others and warns against selfishness and misuse of God's economic resources.
- Methodist approach to stewardship – John Wesley urged those in connection with him to "Earn all you can and save all you can, so that you can give all you can." He modeled modest living and sacrificial giving. Wesley made sure those early classes of "methodists" took weekly offerings for outreach.
Today, we United Methodists join others to help all of God's children, whenever and wherever we can. Through our congregation, we are the heart, spirit and hands of God's outreaching love.
How can you learn and practice good Christian stewardship?
- Pray about your giving to God's ministries
- Model the humility and generosity God calls you to exhibit
- Set up a schedule to eventually reach full tithing, or tithe one week of every month
- Give your time, talents and or financial aid to Missions
- Consider including First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables in your estate planning
Your giving helps support not only the church but all the ministries and outreach programs:
- End Hunger Now
- Missions - local and international
- Stop human trafficking
- Feeding the Homeless
- Collection Corner
- Care Bears
- Children’s Ministry
- Altar Guild
- Audio Visual
- Awakening Service
- Board of Trustees
- Church Council
- Chancel Choir
- Handbell Choir
- Hispanic Service
- Hospitality Team
- Kitchen Ministry
- Lay Leaders
- Memorial Scholarship
- Prayer Requests
- Prayer Blankets
- Take Ten
- The Growing Place
- Worship Services
- Silver Club
- Small Groups
- Staff/Parish Relations
- Youth Ministry
- Chapman Partnership
- Florida United Methodist Children’s Home
- and more!