FUMCCG Educational Assistance Fund's Scholarship Program: Empowering the Next Generation to Reach Greater Heights!
Sixty-two years ago, in 1955, FUMCCG established the Educational Assistance Fund's Scholarship Program to honor students for their commitment to - and involvement in - the church while exemplifying strong Christian character. Today's Scholarship Program remains equally as committed to that goal, providing financial assistance to college-bound, full-time undergraduate and post-graduate students; including seminary students. Through generous contributions, the program helps deserving students achieve their college dreams while nurturing their faith and commitment to academic excellence.
- Download the new Christian Dollars for Christian Scholars brochure
About the FUMCCG Scholarship Program
FUMCCG accepting applications from first-year, college-bound United Methodist students - as well as from current college or graduate school students - for the 2017 FUMCCG Memorial Scholarships.
- be full and active members of our church,
- have a solid record of church and community service
- a good academic record to qualify.
A scholarship application is available for download here or at the Church Office. More information is also available by contacting Marilyn Hicks at (305) 665-7744.
- The deadline to apply closed April 1. Keep checking back, as we announce this year's recipients!
The Florida United Methodist Foundation is Now Accepting Applications for It's Sinclair Scholarship!
- The period to submit scholarship applications closed on March 20, 2017. Awards are announced in April or early May so remember to check back!
In their will, Aleen and Carson Sinclair, longtime members of John Wesley United Methodist Church in Tallahassee, left a generous endowment to the foundation to provide scholarships for United Methodist students in Florida. The scholarship seeks to foster academic and spiritual growth for new generations of United Methodist church leaders.
Each year, the scholarship committee awards scholarships to first-year, college-bound United Methodist students. The scholarship awards range from $2,000 to $3,000 per year and are renewable for up to three additional years as long as eligibility requirements are met.
In order to be eligible for a Sinclair Scholarship, the student must:
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher or academic performance that indicates ability to succeed in college.
- Be a full and active member of a United Methodist church in Florida for at least one year prior to applying, and remain active in church and community activities as a scholarship recipient.
- Be planning to attend a Florida or United Methodist college or university.
- Be making adequate progress toward a bachelor’s degree and continue to be an active church and community leader.
- Provide three letters of reference showing involvement and/or leadership in church, school and community activities. One letter should be from the applicant’s senior or associate pastor or youth director at the applicant’s home church.
Apply for the Sinclair Scholarship
To submit an application packet, please complete the following:
- Download and complete the application form.
- Attach a copy of your most recent high school transcript.
- Submit an essay describing your church, community and school activities; honors and awards received; and future goals and educational plans.Submit three letters of recommendation (see eligibility requirements above).
- Complete the financial worksheet.